Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Power Bi Import Error: String was not recognized as a valid boolean

Cibischinob
5 - Atom

Hello everyone.

I am getting the following error when importing my Alteryx output to Power Bi:

"Error: Power BI Output (457): Failed to push record(s) to Power BI. 400: Error parsing request for dataset sobe_wowvirtualserver|5c889707-bd29-415d-881e-25249249fd23: Conversion error on column '<pi>O City</pi>': <pi>String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.</pi>"

The problem is, O City (Origin City) is a V_String, NOT A BOOLEAN. 

I have no idea why it keeps telling me it is not a valid boolean when the metadata clearly shows it is a V_String.

Has someone seen an error like this? It makes no sense to me.

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Cibischinob 

Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your process. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

* What Alteryx Version are you using?
* Do you have a Workflow with sample data you can share?

Based on the error message you are receiving it appears that there is some action being taken with the mentioned data which is trying to be read in as boolean. If you can share your workflow and sample data, this will help to troubleshoot what could be causing this error.

Posting for Fastest Possible Solution (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Posting-for-Fastest-Possible-Solution/t...)

Thank you very much!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels