Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Power BI Output Tool Batch Size

Nebra
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I´m configuring the Power BI Output Connector and one of the fields to fill out says "insert batch size". What does this number refer to?

Initially, I thought it was the number of rows allowed per dataset, but this is not the case as I can import more rows to Power BI than those specified in the "insert batch size" field.

Here https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/microsoft-power-bi-output-tool, in point 9, it says:

"Enter how many rows of the table you would like to write to Power BI per network request. Default batch size is 500." I guess a network request refers to the API connection, but is anyone able to quantify that in number of rows? I ran a few tests and it seems a bit random.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

"per network request" refers to the chunks of data that are sent up to the API. A smaller batch size means that there will be a higher number of overall API calls with less data being sent with each. A larger batch size means that more data will be sent up with each request so there will be a lower number of overall requests.

The documentation states that batch size relates to the number of rows in the table that are sent up with each call. This should function as an upper bound, so I believe it sends 500 rows on each call until the last one where there are less than 500 to send up.

Nebra
5 - Atom

Thanks for the reply Brandon.

Do you know what´s the limit, if any, of the number of rows that can be sent from Alteryx to Power BI through the Power BI Connector?

Labels