Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Power BI Output - Failed to Connect to Platform

LeahVandiver
5 - Atom

Designer Version: 2021.3.3.63061

Power BI Output Version: 3.1.0

Error: Power BI Output: Failed to Connect to Platform

I'm running into an issue where I'm unable to publish datasets to Power BI. No matter the input (could be as simple as a 4 row 2 column text input, or as complex as a large workflow) prior to the tool, I get an error saying "failed to connect to platform." I'm able to sign in with no problem and see my workspaces. I'm telling the tool to just create a new dataset, so not trying to overwrite anything. Is there something I need to change on my side, or is this a known issue? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
chad34
5 - Atom

Having the exact same issue with the same Designer and PBI Installer versions 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @LeahVandiver ,

Have you set up all the connection requirements in Azure?

You need to register Alteryx in Azure as an accepted application, you need the subsequent Application ID and Application Secret codes, you need client and tenant IDs set up in Azure, then you need to grant permissions to Alteryx in the Azure Integration dashboard.

Check with your Azure administrator to ensure these steps have been complete.

M.

Bulien

chad34
5 - Atom

@mceleavey - Is azure registration required...even when authenticating through the browser? I think authenticating through the browser is a new feature that may have been released recently...on the PowerBI Output Tool......3.1 Installer. Just want to make sure we are talking about the same authentication method.

LeahVandiver
5 - Atom

I used the internet browser sign in option and was able to sign in with no problem. The solution ultimately ended up being found here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Connection-Errors-with-Python-based....

chad34
5 - Atom

@LeahVandiver That was the ticket.....just connected to Sharepoint, OneDrive and PowerBI with the cacert's....Much Appreciated!

Labels