Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Power BI Ouput, Error Loading workspace.

Sebenius
8 - Asteroid

Hello.

I feel like i'm doing some thing silly and missing somethign small.

For the "new" power bi tool, power bi output I just can't get it to work.

I'm able to sign in half way with the refresh token, my OneDrive tool works just fine. 

But when I get to the point to select what workspace to workwith I just get HTTP Error 401

ErrorError

So what I'm guessing is that is that I'm missing some API permissions in the application on Azure.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/MicrosoftPowerBIOutput.htm

The set up tells me that I just need Dataset.ReadWrite.All and Group.Read.All and it is here that I guess it is at least one more that I have add to get it to work.

Hope someone can give me a pointer in the right dirrection  

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It seems like the workspaces is giving you an unauthorized error. You mentioned it was Group.Read.All, but I think that it might be Workspace.Read.All

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/groups/getgroups 

Can you try enabling that and see if it does the trick?

Sebenius
8 - Asteroid

@BrandonBthanks for the tip. It did not help but gave me a new idea. 

When chaning the azure permissions you have to make sure to get a new app request for that connection for the power bi tool it don't work just to change at the azure connection side. 

So in my office protal I had to remove the access for that connection and then add it once again and it got the correct settings. 

so for azure this is the access it needs:

clipboard_image_1.png

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx
Awesome, glad you got it figured out!
Tianyu
5 - Atom

Hi, I am encountering the same issue (see below)

Tianyu_0-1574943471710.png

I have tried to allow all possible relevant permissions in Azure (see below) but it is still the same error. 

Tianyu_1-1574943546700.png

Any idea why and how I can fix this?

vicloo
7 - Meteor

Hi Brandon,

The latest PBI tool requires Azure Admin approval. The old Publish to Power BI tool doesn't requires this approval though.  Is this as expected? I got the acknowledgement email for the admin to respond.  I have been trying to find the contact person within the organisation, but no one really knows. It will be much appreciated if you aware of any other workaround?  

Thank you,

Vic

Labels