Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Power BI Connector - Failed to Insert Data into 'Table' - Bad Request Syntax

JohnOrton1990
6 - Meteoroid

Just downloaded the PowerBI Connector.  It creates the table, I can see my fields in PowerBI, but there isn't any data and I am getting an error.  

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JohnOrton1990 ,

check your data types match and are consistent.

Also, are you writing to an Azure back end for Enterprise or a desktop deployment?

M.

Bulien

JohnOrton1990
6 - Meteoroid

Azure Back End.  Curious..how would data types impact?

bcastro1991
6 - Meteoroid

Power BI is similar to a database table, if the data types are not the same between your Alteryx workflow and PowerBI data source , you will likely get an error that data cannot be updated or it simply will not enter the data. Think of it of trying to fit a round block (Integer Data Type) into a square hole (Boolean Data Type). Hope that helps!

JohnOrton1990
6 - Meteoroid

That does.  The weird thing is I am creating the table from Alteryx and pushing it into PowerBI so I don't think there would be a conflict as Alteryx is setting the data type.  I'll keep researching and thank you for your insights.

gaylasmith4321
7 - Meteor

John, did you ever find a solution to your issue?  I resolved the exact same issue back in November by following the steps in this article: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Connection-Errors-with-Python-based...  however this morning my Alteryx was updated to a newer version, and I'm receiving that error again.  This time copying the certificate credentials into the cacert.pem file is not working.  Interested to know if you found another solution.  Thanks!

Labels