Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Posting date conversion

Kar3
5 - Atom

Hi ..I am new to Alteryx- so sorry for basic question .Sorry if this has already been discussed in the blogs

How to convert a date field which is in V string to Date so I can split to get the Month/Date/YYYY in 3 separate columns.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Kar3
5 - Atom

Right now I get NULL value when I use convert tool then split text to columns

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

hI, 

If you want to transform the column to date format you can use the date time tool.

clipboard_image_0.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kar3 if your field is a string and you want to split into 3 columns you can just use text to column with a delimiter and not have to convert the date depending on the original format of the date. Have attached a workflow.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If your input is a string formatted as "MM/DD/YYYY", then I've attached a workflow that shows two ways to approach this. 

1. Keep it as a string and split to columns on the "/" character.

2. Format the value into the standard date format, and parse out the pieces you want from there.

Kar3
5 - Atom

Thank you

Labels