Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Postgresql connection cannot fetch fields/data

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello,

I have PostgreSQL 12.3 (Debian 12.3-1.pgdg100+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Debian 8.3.0-6) 8.3.0, 64-bit installed and i'm using Postgresql ANSI(x64) 12.02.00.00 ODBC driver.

I'm able to connect and seeing the data, however when I click the table, it says <empty> for the fields. I have different tables on that schema and some of them are good and some not. Permissions are the same, actually I'm the only user on this server. I'm able to connect with any orher tool either dbeaver or pgadmin and I have no issue to get the data.

Is there anyone to make a suggestion how to fix it?

My dbadmin says the issue is with Alteryx, but he cannot explain why is not happening with all tables? I have more than 100 million rows.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your [process, question or connection]. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

* Do you have a Workflow with sample data you can share?
* What about a Screenshot?
* Did you receive an Error Message?

Posting for Fastest Possible Solution (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Posting-for-Fastest-Possible-Solution/t...)

Thank you very much!

Community Moderator
albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

I just found the issue. I renamed my table as small caps, it worked.

It looks like the issue is postgre is case sensitive.

Labels