Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Postgres Bulk Loader - Field issue

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I am facing this issue when I try bulk load of data to PostgresSQL

Warning: Output Data (345): 3 Field Names were truncated to fit within the Output Files maximum name length of 75
Error: Output Data (345): Unable to find field "asdasdasdjaskdiuasjhaldshalsdladladasdkahdkahdskahdkahsdkahdkahds" in output record.

Any help here will be appreciated.

The output truncates the field names to 75 chars and the source has 80 characters.

I have done the field mapping in the output but even with that the flow does not work.

Gallop_0-1601919000722.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I may be wrong, but I think that PostgreSQL has a column name length limit. 75 even seems high to me as I seem to remember it being 64 characters. Can you try shortening the length of your column names to see if you can successfully load data?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27865770/how-long-can-postgresql-table-names-be

This is from 2017, so not sure if things have changed since then. 

JDong
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @BrandonB 

The output automatically trims the header length, but even on doing that I get the error as shown and data load fails

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I understand that it is automatically truncating to 75 characters but can you try even less than that? A dynamic rename would be the most efficient method of doing so or you could use a select tool to rename. This will help you isolate if these column headers are the issue. 

Labels