Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

PostgreSQL connection error

ChristinaGahan
6 - Meteoroid

We recently upgraded our Tableau Server to 2022.3 and I can no longer connect to the PostgreSQL tables.

I get the following error: 

Error: Input Data (5): Error SQLDriverConnect: SCRAM authentication requires libpq version 10 or above

I

Can someone help troubleshoot?

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

You mean Alteryx server - not Tableau - right?

Here's what I can find on that error...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62807717/how-can-i-solve-postgresql-scram-authentication-problem

short is you probably need to reinstall postgres driver and re-set up the odbc 64 profile.

ChristinaGahan
6 - Meteoroid

No, I mean Tableau Server.

And thank you, I will try as you suggest.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ChristinaGahan 

Where are you downloading the driver from? 

I would recommend downloading the PostgreSQL driver from downloads.alteryx.com under the drivers tab.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

O.k. - I'm still a bit confused here. This is an Alteryx forum. You upgraded your Tableau server. Something isn't connecting to Postgres. Is it Alteryx or Tableau?

ChristinaGahan
6 - Meteoroid

@PanPP the updated drivers solved the problem.  Thanks for your help,

john212Marshal
5 - Atom

O.k. - I'm still a piece befuddled here. This is an Alteryx gathering. You updated your Scene server. Something isn't associating with Postgres. Is it Alteryx or Scene?

Regards : https://thefurniturevilla.co.uk/

stapuff106
8 - Asteroid

@ChristinaGahan I appreciate the post. Had the same issue after upgrading Tableau Server.

@apathetichell @john212Marshal For some unknown reason when we upgraded our Tableau Server the Alteryx input tool (that worked before the upgrade) returned  an error of "Error SQLDriverConnect: SCRAM authentication requires libpq version 10 or above". I am assuming it was the ODBC connection we had was not up to date/maintained so the error was caught in Alteryx attempting to connect to Tableau's PostgreSQL database. The old PostgreSQL driver was removed and replaced with the driver from Alteryx download as suggested by @PanPP , which fixed the issue.

Puff

Labels