Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PostgreSQL ODBC

buddy_jones
7 - Meteor

I connect to a PostgreSQL data warehouse via a 32-bit ODBC connection.  I have a query to pulls sales transactions data from table. I normally pull data for a whole month. When running this query for a particular month, it fails and I get a general "can't connect..." message.  I can run one week at a time and then put the 4 files together.  Is there some kind of row limit or file size limit with the ODBC driver.   I can run the same SQL query using another platform and it runs the full month fine.  I'm only talking about 850K rows - so it's not huge.

Thanks

Buddy 

1 REPLY 1
TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hi @buddy_jones ,

How long does the query run before you get this issue? Is it possible that a timeout has been set by the company DBA? And that for this one month you run into that issue when querying?

Also, did you try running the In-DB connectors instead? Your performance should improve there.

Regards,
Tom

Labels