Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

PostgreSQL Bulk Loader Does Not Load Records

UltraMagnus
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have been using the PosgreSQL bulk loader to load records into a table, which has worked perfectly; however, it is not working as expected now that I have downloaded the latest version of Alteryx (2021.1). The workflow runs successfully without any errors, but when I check the table itself, there are no records in it.

In my workflow I'm taking a csv as an input, using a select tool to change the data types, and using an output tool to load the records to the target table. The file contains 56.1 million records.

Also, I have been using the PostgreSQL unicode driver as a user DSN.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @UltraMagnus - The 2021.1 release has been temporarily removed until further notice. We recommend you do not deploy 2021.1 until it is available on the download portal again. That's why the best solution for you is to stay on the previous version, which worked for you.

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

I concur.  2020.1 was pulled out and it will be available back again soon.

UltraMagnus
5 - Atom

Hi @ArtApa, thanks for the response. I did realize that there were duplicates in my input file and once I removed those, I was able to successfully bulk insert all records into the table in PostgreSQL; however, as I mentioned before, the workflow seemed to run successfully and gave me no errors even though there were duplicates. Hopefully this is fixed with the updated release.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Do we have any updates on this?

Workflow runs perfectly fine with Postgres Bulk, but it doesn't write any data to table.

NicolasFabre81
8 - Asteroid

Hello @ArtApa , I'm using Alteryx 2021.4 and the problem is still there : postgreqsql bulk loader does not manage errors.

nlewis
7 - Meteor

are there any updates to this? i'm running 2022.1. While the bulk loader does write records to the database, it randomly drops some. For example, out 500000 records, 1000 or so may drop unexpectedly.

Labels