Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible to loop through find and replace tool?

dsucci
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is an easy fix i'm still getting my footing with learning designer, but i'm trying to match a list of countries to their respective continents. However the issue comes when there are multiple countries in 1 cell separated by | and have different continents, so when I use the find & replace it just goes after the first match and that's it, so i'm wondering if it's possible to loop it and match a continent to the various countries. Is this possible? Thanks again for any feedback it is greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @dsucci, see if this is what you are looking for. I noticed that some countries don't match, like you have United States in on table and US on another, you will need to correct this. Also, the only countries part of North America are Canada, United States and Mexico. There are a few there are from Central America, not North.

gabrielvilella_0-1648582275102.png

dsucci
6 - Meteoroid

That is perfect thank you! It seems so simple I think I was just severely overthinking it but it makes a lot of sense for how you did it thank you, and apologies for the messy data on the countries I quickly put it together for this and didn't double check it.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

No problem @dsucci! Happy to help :) 

Labels