Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible to combine worksheets from several workbooks into 1 workbook with different tabs?

jannis005
7 - Meteor

I have several Excel workbooks in a folder and want to take 1 worksheet from each of those files and combine into one workbook with several worksheets. Is this possible with Alteryx? I've seen other suggestions on how to combine multiple workbooks/sheets into one workbook, one worksheet, but nothing on this topic. Please let me know if I missed a previous post on this topic.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@jannis005 How many is "several"? Depending on scale, the method could vary significantly.

jannis005
7 - Meteor

In this situation 20 specifically, but generally could be upwards of 150.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

Should have asked this question the first time, but do the schemas in each file match or are they unique from sheet to sheet?

jannis005
7 - Meteor

They should all be the same schema, thanks.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

if they all match, then you're in luck. A dynamic input tool would bring in all the files you're looking for when combined with a directory read. Note, that this assumes the files are all in the same location. if not, you would need multiple directory inputs. Once you have your list, feed that into the dynamic input tool and setup an output tool with the configuration below:

output configuration.PNG

very simple example but this gets the idea across. Let me know if you need any other help.

Labels