Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible to Unfold Expressions in Formula Tool?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I am wondering if there is an option to unfold the expressions in Formula tool.

Like the picture below, when we come back to this Formula tool from other tools, only the first expression is shown and others such as "A" and "N" are folded. A bit inconvenience somehow.
Appreciate if you could share if there is a way to unfold them by default.

Capture1A.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So "unfold" is like "show/display" or "unhide", like from a UI perspective? There's not a user option that I'm aware of.

There may be a way to edit the install files to do this, but this is EXTREMELY risky, not recommended, and you should definitely save backups incase something goes wrong. That being said, I was able to edit some javascript files so that my Formula tool defaults to a "Double" field instead of a "V_WString" for new fields. It's funny, there's actually a comment in there from the dev that says "should this be editable?" to which I would reply "Absolutely!", but here we are.

Look in the install directory in a folder like "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\HtmlAssets\Shared\1\lib\build\". When I edited the Formula tool before, it involved "0.0.bundle.js" and "designerDesktop.bundle.js". Browse that java to see if anything clicks for you, but again, proceed with extreme caution and be prepared to revert. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@CharlieS You reminded me i need to have a dig around the Alteryx files - and that dev comment is hilarious.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge as always!

Bulien
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@CharlieS 
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us.
Honestly, the workaround is already beyond my reach, so I will just sit put and choose not do anything about it...😁
But it is very good to know, there is alway a way and a person who can do it. 

@TheOC 
Thank you also.

Labels