Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Possible help with Date time tool

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

I am working on an Excel document using Alteryx. There is a field in document called same_day_arrival.I am using the Custom in the Datetime tool to convert it to the format I want. It is able to convert the time I needed correctly, but there is a problem I have. Every time I save and then reopen the workflow, the format will disappear and showed  "No Suitable Input Fields". Available." I had to run the workflow once and then re-edit the tool after the error message poped up.Is there any way I can fix that?Here is what same_day_arrival  looks like.

Same_day_arrival

3:30

4:40

My expected Output

3:30:00

4:30:00

Thank you for your help and have a good one

10 REPLIES 10
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

What Designer version are you using?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Bbadef 
It is rather strange.
Aside from the version you are using, maybe your excel file is saved in a remote location?
or if possible, can you share the flow even partially?

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am using the 2019 version. I am using formula tool instead of Date time tool for now.If you are interested in it, I can upload the workflow so maybe you can take a look at it!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Bbadef - yes, please upload the workflow

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe,

I have uploaded my workflow here.For some reason, it works this morning? But it usually does not just like this sample workflow. 

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Bbadef I don't see a field called 'same_day_arrival'.  I see 'same_day_purchase'

Is the field you're having a problem with created before or after the Dynamic Inputs?

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe ,

Yeap, this is the field I have problem with.This is a sample workflow so I made some changes on the name.Sorry about the confusion.

Thank you for your help!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I would suggest that in the Join tool, you change the Type of the same_day_purchase field to a forced string.  Give that a try.

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe ,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Labels