Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Possible help with Date time tool

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

I am working on an Excel document using Alteryx. There is a field in document called same_day_arrival.I am using the Custom in the Datetime tool to convert it to the format I want. It is able to convert the time I needed correctly, but there is a problem I have. Every time I save and then reopen the workflow, the format will disappear and showed  "No Suitable Input Fields". Available." I had to run the workflow once and then re-edit the tool after the error message poped up.Is there any way I can fix that?Here is what same_day_arrival  looks like.

Same_day_arrival

3:30

4:40

My expected Output

3:30:00

4:30:00

Thank you for your help and have a good one

10 REPLIES 10
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

What Designer version are you using?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Bbadef 
It is rather strange.
Aside from the version you are using, maybe your excel file is saved in a remote location?
or if possible, can you share the flow even partially?

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am using the 2019 version. I am using formula tool instead of Date time tool for now.If you are interested in it, I can upload the workflow so maybe you can take a look at it!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @Bbadef - yes, please upload the workflow

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe,

I have uploaded my workflow here.For some reason, it works this morning? But it usually does not just like this sample workflow. 

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Bbadef I don't see a field called 'same_day_arrival'.  I see 'same_day_purchase'

Is the field you're having a problem with created before or after the Dynamic Inputs?

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe ,

Yeap, this is the field I have problem with.This is a sample workflow so I made some changes on the name.Sorry about the confusion.

Thank you for your help!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I would suggest that in the Join tool, you change the Type of the same_day_purchase field to a forced string.  Give that a try.

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe ,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Labels