Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Possible Bug - Table Tool

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community Members,

I encountered a possible bug in the Table tool in version 2019.4. Apparently, when I want only my data in column A to acquire a Bold font, the rule just copies itself to column B and I find all the possible values in the table acquiring a Bold font. Wasn't it supposed to be on a per column basis when you create a Row Rule?

T1.PNG

T2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @ImMoinak94 row rules are not set up per column, but rather apply across all columns (normally). If you want to bold the text in a specific column, then you can apply a column rule instead of a row rule.

Hope that helps

OllieClarke_0-1601908046810.png

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

Then why don't I have that option? Which version are you using?

T3.PNG

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ImMoinak94 sorry I'm just seeing this now - if you tag people when you reply it will give them a notification which helps 🙂

I'm using 2020.3, but the column rule has existed in Alteryx for a while (Certainly since v2018.2) It could be that the column rule option is just hidden. If you drag up the double grey line separating the group by section with the config section, can you then see it?

table.gif

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I still have 2019.4 installed on one of my machines and just checked and the column rules edit is there right below the dec places:2020-10-07 07_54_16-Window.png

ImMoinak94
8 - Asteroid

@mbarone @OllieClarke Thanks for the solution - Apparently I was able to find it when I kept the configuration window floating but it's not visible when it's docked (even when you scroll). This might be an issue related to screen resolution. However, I didn't face the problem when I used the 2019.3 on the same screen.

Labels