Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populating the 7th Row of a file with the column headings

ADINAVAHI
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Everyone, 

I am currently facing a problem in Alteryx where in I would like to populate the 8th Row of my data sheet with the column headings after all the analysis is done. 

Ex: 

ADINAVAHI_0-1623734896749.png

The contents of K1, L1 and M1 should populate in K8,L8,M8. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ADINAVAHI 
Maybe with this option in the Input tool?

Qiu_0-1623735131605.png

ADINAVAHI
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Qui, 

Thanks for your response. 

I should have been a bit more clear

Whatever data you see in the image is not just the input data but the sheet after multiple transformations. 

So when I output my data, nothing should be populated in the first row and the columns mentioned should come down to the 7th Row. 

jgv27
7 - Meteor

Hi @ADINAVAHI,

I would suggest a combination of the following tools:

- Field info tool (to get a list of all your field names)

- Transform tool (to change the field names from being in records to values in fields)

- Text input tool (to add blank spacing records "for the first 7 rows to be empty, or to contain any set information")

- Union tool (to join the text input and the fields information, and another to join the newly combined records with the rest of your dataset)

This should do the trick.

Let me know if you need a sample workflow that sets out an example of the abovementioned steps.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ADINAVAHI 
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
As @jgv27 suggested, a sample input and output would be helpful for us to produce a sample flow.

ADINAVAHI
6 - Meteoroid

HI, 

I have not tried this method, but figured out the solution in a different way. 

I have connected a record ID tool to the stream added a formula tool post the record ID tool. 

I have given an update column condition in such a way that 

If [RecordID] = 7 then "Difference A" else [Difference A] ENDIF

This seems to do the work for me

Thanks for your inputs

It helped

Labels