Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Populate column based on IF condition

Ravi
7 - Meteor

Hello! I need a help with populating column F3 with data from column 2020 in the attached workflow using condition formula. I have two columns with similar data and based on these columns need to populate column F3

I have tried using Formula tool but not able to figure out the correct approach. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ravi your formula appears to be working when looking at your data only two records should be changed and when looking at the data from the formula tool they appear updated.

Formula_03122021.JPG

Maybe provide an example of the output you want if this dosen't answer your question.

Ravi
7 - Meteor

@JosephSerpis Thank you for prompt response, I want to do kinda vlookup on column C using Col. B data as Lookup value and get the data from Col I. I have attached the expected output.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ravi you want to use the join tool and also the union tool if you want to perfom a vlookup. I mocked up an approach and believe it matches your expected output.

Ravi
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis This is perfect, thank you!

Labels