Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Populate Listbox Dynamically through Connected Tool [working dub mix edition]

Colgan
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I did not know how to post the fix to have a working solution to the original thread:  

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Dynamically-Create-List-Box-Values-From-Inpu...

, Posting Fix here.

The modification was changing form a basic filter = to a custom filter with "in".

Regards,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Ralf
5 - Atom

Hi John,

you saved my day!

I don't know what actually was the problem in my workflow, maybe a question of " and ' and "" and "_" but by attaching my excel file to your workflow and changing the expressions accordingly I got it to run.

Many thanks for your help!

Ralf

Colgan
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm really bad at this community thing.  i received an email to accept your reply  as the accepted solution... seemed backwards, but oh well.  

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hi @Colgan,

I tried your workflow using my sample input. But it seems not working.  Do you know what's wrong with my workflow?  I attached my workflow.

Sincerely,

Kazumi

Colgan
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Select Output.pngOnly piece missing was interface designer ("View|Interface Designer" or "<ctrl><alt>D") if it isn't showing on your workflow Layout) on the wrench, make sure to check the Browse (14) inside the OnSucess - Show Results to User.

Regards,

John

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Thank you very much,@Colgan ! It worked :)

Labels