Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Poly-Build Tool (2018.2) isn't using Group ID to split Sequential PolyLines

dandev1991
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a text file that has sequential shape points that describe two poly lines, consisting of a shape id (two unique polyline IDs), latitude, longitude, point sequence and distance travelled.

1.PNG

Using the 'create points' tool, I am creating centroids using the longitude and latitude points in the text file above.

Then using the 'poly-build' tool, I am creating a 'sequence polyline' using the centroid as the source field, the shape ID as the group field and the point sequence as the sequence field.

4.PNG

The issue is that the poly-build tool does not seem to be separating (grouping) via the shape id correctly, and I am getting a weird polyline created.

2.PNG

Whereas if I manually split the unique shape ids and then use the polyline field, I get the correct output per shape id.

3.PNG

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Hi @dandev1991 

Solution is attached. 

Snag_2a4e0dc6.png

Ultimately, it comes down to the sort order of your Sequence field since the "shape_pt_sequence" is a V_STRING, the order was alphabetic instead of numeric. By changing the field to a numeric data type (in this case DOUBLE) and then running the workflow, it functions as expected. 

Cheers from Sydney

Labels