community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Poly-Build To Follow US Boundary

Atom

Hello!

Is there a way to format the Poly-Build function to follow the boundary of the US?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Bolide

Hi @JTrusty 

The easiest way is to start with a ready-made, free polygon.  I like Natural Earth data as it is free with no restrictions on data.  There are lots of different maps there.  For your use I would recommend starting with Admin-0 Countries, Download countries.  Then filter your input data by "USA" on field SOV_A3.  Depending on your needs, you may need additional filters to get to the right polygon.

http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-cultural-vectors/

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @JTrusty 

If you are licensed to use the Business Insights data, you can use the Allocate Input tool to get you a spatial object for the entire US. If you don't have this (or not sure what if you do or don't), the option @T_Willins is definitely going to be your best bet.

The attached package contains the SHP file (and supporting files) which I downloaded from that site. I have this setup to only show the 48 contiguous states, and mentioned in the tool container. If you want all, including territories, delete that container.

image.png

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Alteryx
Alteryx

@JTrusty ,

With you Designer license, you get the US Census Data (Free) - you can download it at licenses.alteryx.com > Data Packages > US CENSUS 2010 - FREE DATA - 

JessieC_0-1572636741746.png

Once installed, you can use the Allocate Input - Choose a Dataset - US Census 2010 - 

Pick Geography - Entire US

Pick Variables - None

Special Fields - Return SpatialObj Field

JessieC_1-1572636851764.png

Labels