Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Plotting Using the R tool (speed issue)

jeh
7 - Meteor

I am using the r tool to plot some data I need in a very specific way (why I am using r tool and not the graphing tool). I have the r tool running in a macro. My macro seems to be the bottle neck in slowing down my output (went from a few mins to over an hr). 

Looking at my macro and watching it run it seems that the r tool has to load each and every time. Is there a better way to have r load so that the packages do not need to reload each time? Or does anyone have a resource that can show me how to process groups of data into plots in R and back out in those groups to an Alteryx workflow. 

This takes 4-7 seconds each run. 

rtool.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
jeh
7 - Meteor
Thanks for all of your help. You and me both with r... this is all I learned yesterday. I tried to figure out the basic bar plots yesterday but ggplot seemed to have more resources on how to accomplish the look I needed.
jeh
7 - Meteor

Loop works great now. Just had to... print(p).

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

print(p) did the trick! Well done. I'm glad everything got worked out.

jeh
7 - Meteor

I was also able to create a list from my unique var in r and output it to one of the outputs for the r tool and line them back up with the graphs so that I can join them back with my workflow. BTW your loop took my 2500 graphs taking over 3 hrs down to 15 mins!!! THANKS!

Labels