Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Plotting Using the R tool (speed issue)

jeh
7 - Meteor

I am using the r tool to plot some data I need in a very specific way (why I am using r tool and not the graphing tool). I have the r tool running in a macro. My macro seems to be the bottle neck in slowing down my output (went from a few mins to over an hr). 

Looking at my macro and watching it run it seems that the r tool has to load each and every time. Is there a better way to have r load so that the packages do not need to reload each time? Or does anyone have a resource that can show me how to process groups of data into plots in R and back out in those groups to an Alteryx workflow. 

This takes 4-7 seconds each run. 

rtool.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
jeh
7 - Meteor
Thanks for all of your help. You and me both with r... this is all I learned yesterday. I tried to figure out the basic bar plots yesterday but ggplot seemed to have more resources on how to accomplish the look I needed.
jeh
7 - Meteor

Loop works great now. Just had to... print(p).

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

print(p) did the trick! Well done. I'm glad everything got worked out.

jeh
7 - Meteor

I was also able to create a list from my unique var in r and output it to one of the outputs for the r tool and line them back up with the graphs so that I can join them back with my workflow. BTW your loop took my 2500 graphs taking over 3 hrs down to 15 mins!!! THANKS!

Labels