Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Please help in Transposing this data. File contains Input and Output tables

ManuMittal
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

Could you please help me with the attached excel, to convert the Input into output file with with transpose function.

Regards

MM

5 REPLIES 5
KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Solution attached.

I applied Transpose tool twice, first one with:  Key Columns: Columns A-D, Prep A; Data Column: Prep B

second one: Key Columns: Columns A-D, Rev C; Data Column: Rev D.

Let me know if you have any questions.

ManuMittal
7 - Meteor

Thanks Buddy, this works but what if we have 20+ such scenario then we need to use Transpose 20 times or is there any other way to solve this, something Dynamic that we can use. 

KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Try different solution:

first Transpose: Key Columns: Columns A-D : Data Columns: columns with Type

second Transpose: Key Columns: Columns A-D : Data Columns: columns with Employees

Let me know if it works for you.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ManuMittal 
First of all, we need to understand the logic for transpose?

What will be difference for some columns to be "Type" column, some columns go to "Amount".

Maybe a bigger dataset would help.

Capture1.PNG

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ManuMittal,

As @Qiu said it's a little difficult to create the dynamic transpose without knowing what defines your key fields and fields to be transposed. In this case, as an example of how you could create a dynamic transpose i've assumed all numeric data type fields should be transposed. We can then achieve the dynamic output with the help of dynamic select tools to determine the fields that should and should not be transposed.

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1617929294442.png

I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Labels