Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Please help: TS Model Factory Error at R Tool: Input #1 not initialized.

JohnTheAnalyst
5 - Atom

Hello -

I'm new to alteryx, though not to data or modeling.  My goal is to create a TS model (ETS or Arima) that estimates models by groups.  So, I downloaded TS Model Factory from the gallery and attached the modeling dataset (attached) to the macro input tool.  The data seem to be fine - at least 24 obs per group with no nulls for the target variable or the grouping variable.

TSMFError.PNG

However, I'm receiving an error at the R Tool "node" saying "The input '#1' was not initialized.  I don't completely understand the error and so can't fix it:  In looking at the code within the R Tool I see that: 

read.Alteryx("#1", mode="data.frame")if (AlteryxFullUpdate)

Should I switch to another read mode?  Or is this something else that I'm missing entirely??  Any help in this would be tremendously appreciated as my deadline is beginning to seriously loom.

Thanks very much,

John

3 REPLIES 3
damc
11 - Bolide

Hello @JohnTheAnalyst 

I´m not sure if I got your question right...I believe you are trying to work directly on the TS Model factory macro file (yxmc) , but in order to use a macro we need to bring it as tool to a workflow.

Just tried to run your dataset using
the TS Model Factory and everything went fine, so I'll write down my steps:

1)Download the TS Model Factory tool from the Gallery
2) Import the package into Designer ( I believe we're on the same page here at this point)
3) Start a new workflow and import your dataset to it
4) Right-click anywhere on the canvas and choose the options "Find Tool" -> "Insert" -> "Macro" -> "TS ModelFactory (snapshot attached). Now you'll see the tool on the canvas

5) Connect the input data and configure the tool

My workflow is also attached

Hope it helps

Regards

prt_scr.png

JohnTheAnalyst
5 - Atom

Thank you so much!  I guess I wanted to make that far more difficult than it was.  Very straightforward (and even elegant) advise.  You rescued my deadline))

damc
11 - Bolide

Glad I could help! Good luck on your task @JohnTheAnalyst 

Labels