Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivoting using Cross Tab

LStevenson
7 - Meteor

I am a new user and am trying to do my first Cross Tab pivot. My data has 4 columns. The first is the the states where we have plants. The 2nd through 3 tabs are plant data. I can't figure out how to turn the 3 columns of data into 3 rows of data (plus the state header). I can only pick up a single row of data. I would like to have all three rows of data by state.

I'm attaching two pics. The first is my data before I Cross Tab and the second is my cross tab results. 

file 1.png

file 2.png

5 REPLIES 5
rfoster7
9 - Comet

You don't want the Cross Tab tool, you want the Transpose Tool. That's the Tool for turning columns into rows. 

Capture.PNG

LStevenson
7 - Meteor

I wanted the data to be shown horizontally with the states as the header and the 3 rows of data in columns below the appropriate state. Is that possible? 

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You'll want to firstly transpose the 3 columns and then Crosstab that. The Crosstab will be Group: [Name], Header: [State], Data: [Value]

rfoster7
9 - Comet

That's correct. Here's a sample pic

Capture.PNG

LStevenson
7 - Meteor

That is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much. Now I understand the pivot concept!

Labels