Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivoting on specific measures

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

I have a dataset with few measures and I am trying to pivot the dataset only for certain measures so that final dataset will help me visualizing better. For example, below I have Sales and Profit as regular measures and at the same time I need a pivoted view of other 2 measures (Discount and Tax). I started with transpose tool and could not get much further. Any help would be appreciated , Thank you . 

I have included workflow with my source data

Desired Output

AlterIT_0-1668533583961.png

6 REPLIES 6
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AlterIT 

You must attach the xlsx file

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@AlterIT 

The input file is missing in the Alteryx workflow attached.

Can you please share it.

Shanker V

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

I have attached the file, Thank you

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AlterIT 

One way of doing this

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1668536319629.png

AlterIT
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0  Thank You !!, If we have different number of measures on both sides then we will left out with some blank rows in Pivoted fields correct ? Which I think should be ok.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@AlterIT  Yes! if you union L and J it would be like this. I suggest you to try some different situations considering that to change the workflow to behave as necessary on them

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1668538321675.png

Labels