Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivoting attribute-value pairs so the attributes become headers and the values under them

hamdylie
7 - Meteor

I need to join one attri-value paired table and one master table that contains the actual attribute name/header. The result is shown in Results window below.. but what I really want is to transpose/pivot the results so the column Right_ATTR_VALUE becomes the headers and ATTR_VALUE becomes the values under their corresponding headers..

workflow.png

Please advise how I can achieve the results I want.

My apology I cannot attach the workflow because the system rejects the content of the attachment doesn't match its file type (yxzp).

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You need to use a Cross Tab to layout the data and then a dynamic rename to label the columns

Have attached a simple demo based on your screen shots

s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

go to the Transform Tool Menu and Drag and Drop the Cross Tab Tool

then use Right Values as header  and Attr value as Data filed

test the attached workflow

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Removed solution. @jdunkerley79 posted it already!

hamdylie
7 - Meteor

Both solutions provided by jdunkerley79 or s_pichaipillai work depending which one one prefers. For me, I prefer 1st solution as it avoids the Join tool.

Thanks guys.

Labels