Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pivot based on date

batwood2
5 - Atom

Hello!

I am new to Alteryx, and hoping to get some insight on how to pivot based on the date field.  I have created a workflow that displays the following results:

batwood2_0-1585683143500.png

However, I am hoping to achieve the following by day format:

batwood2_1-1585683725291.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Try transposing the data and then cross tabbing back keeping the key columns you wish to use. If you can supply some data, I can try to generate a small example for you.

Thanks,

Seth

Stay safe!!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @batwood2 ,

Since it is not an easy task to produce a doubled header, I would suggest you doing like this.

See if this is ok for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

batwood2
5 - Atom

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

DataMeister
7 - Meteor

To All: I need the exact opposite of this! My data source is a report like the final product of this solution and I need to unravel it into a data-friendly table to feed Tableau & Spotfire visualizations. Of course the ideal is not to use reports, but their source data in the first place, but this is the funny business world we live in. Thanks for any ideas.

Labels