Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pie Chart Colors

Jesse89
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'd like to use company themed charts/graphs.  However, when I use the pie chart these color palettes look severely limited, is there anyway I can alter the colors used?  I'm thinking rewriting the RGB codes for the saved palettes.  Has anyone had any luck doing this?

Best,

Jesse

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jesse89

Sounds like you're already onto the method I followed. I edited the palette to my company color scheme and never looked back.  Here's a link to an older post about it in case you didn't already have it:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Add-color-schemes-from-ColorBrewer2-org-to-A...

Jesse89
7 - Meteor

The workflow from that older post I do not believe works with the setup of the xml files in 11.7.  However, it did point me in the right xml file to edit.  I didn't use color brewer either, I simply downloaded my company's marketing guidelines for the specific RGB colors used and placed them into a Hex converter (though you could mathematically do this by hand).

After creating a backup file and editing, now I'm just waiting on an IT admin to give me permission to replace the older file...

Thanks again though,

Jesse

jaq734
5 - Atom

Hi Jesse,

I have located the right xml file to edit and added my desired color palette and I also received an error message that my access is denied to save to that file path. However, I do not see an option to save my output file as a .xml does it need to be saved in .xml file format? 

Also, have you had success with IT admin giving you permission? Not sure if my company will be able to give me permission.

Thank You,

Update: I was able to figure it out without using alteryx or output tool. I edited the ReportSettings.xml file directly by changing the file from read only and using the notepad to add my desired color palettes. I was also able to override the system restrictions with my company login. Thank You though!

Labels