Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Person record linkage across multiple data sources

gurth
7 - Meteor

I’m attempting to link person records across multiple sources by assigning a LINK_ID  to a group of records that satisfy matching rules.

These rules run from most stringent (First/Middle/Last/ Gender/DOB - exact string match) to less stringent e.g. not including gender in the match, fuzz match etc).

When record A = B match on a match rule (all demographics), they get a LINK_ID (e.g 1000000) and MATCH_RULE = indicating it matched on all demogs.

Under the next matching rule, record C matches records A and B (all demographics EXCEPT middle name). Want record C to inherit the LINK_ID from A and B but indicate that it matched on a different match rule that A and B.

It’s the inheritance of the LINK_ID I’m having the most difficulty with. I’m using a multi-row formula, but it’s not evaluating as being true when comparing records between rows.

Perhaps multi-row formula not the best? Perhaps there’s an easier way?

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @gurth , I guess this is what you are trying to achieve. It was just a minor mistake that you were using String in record tool that is why you were getting this issue, I have changed it to int64 and also made some changes to the multirow formula that you used now it works as expected. Please refer to the screenshot and workflow for reference. Try this if it works!

grazitti_sapna_0-1592897337925.png

Sapna Gupta
gurth
7 - Meteor

No it doesn't solve my problem but very close! All I really wanted to do was this (sorry I can't open files in the format you posted - can you supply as .YXMD?)

I tried changing the datatype for the record tool, but no luck.

expected.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@gurth , sure there you go.

Sapna Gupta
gurth
7 - Meteor

bingo!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@gurth I am glad it worked for you!

Sapna Gupta