community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Performing Count Ifs Function

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hi there,

I am performing a scoping exercise using Alteryx and am running into an issue performing the counterpart to a COUNTIFS function. The client has multiple investments held across multiple funds. Each investment is either material or immaterial to its respective fund, but an investment may be material in one fund while not material in another. Given it is material to at least one fund and will be evaluated I want to take credit for the investment in the funds that it is NOT material in. See attached for an example.

In the attached, an investment is either deemed "Key" if material to a respective fund, "Not Key" if not material to any funds", or "Crossheld" if material in one fund but immaterial in another. Is there a simple way to create this formula in Alteryx? Thank you!

FundInvestmentBalanceCutoffMaterialCountCategory
ax100150No1Not Key
ay200150Yes2Key
bx50150No1Not Key
by100150No2Crossheld
cx2520Yes1Key
cy5020Yes2Key
Quasar

Hi @smoinpour,

One quick question. Wouldn't all of the "x"s be Crossheld, since x is material to fund C? Just want to confirm my understanding before diving in.

Cheers!

Esther

Meteoroid

Hey EstherB47,

Good point, please see updated example attached. To your point all of them are crossheld, but I only want that label if it's material in one fund and immaterial in others. In the revised example, investment X is Key in fund C and therefore "Crossheld" in Fund A and B. Investment Z is not key in any fund.

Labels