Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Performance testing Alteryx workflows

AmirSems_charter
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have activated the performance tracking feature on a workflow. I see the general tabulation of performance in the Alteryx workflow in the results. It is helpful but I was hoping to get access to the information myself without having to copy and paste the information. I parse it out using the colons and the comma which then allows me to create a performance report. 

Is there anyway to bypass the copy paste process and to get access to this in formatted or even unformatted way prior to its result sharing? Has someone maybe created a macro already that does this? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

forumCapture.PNGdonut.png

6 REPLIES 6
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Use the crew macros to parse the log! 

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Option 1: There is a logfile generated for each working run and a variable you can use to find it.  This way can work but requires extra steps.

Option 2: (Easy) Use a Crew macro Runner and a LogParser on the Success and/or Failure anchors to put the log data into table format that can then be read and processed.    So create your business workflow as needed and turn on performance profiling.   Create a second workflow with those two tools and get the log output into an alteryx table file format.  You can then separate it from your business wf and reuse that code on the next project or add an input to ask you which wf to run.

AmirSems_charter
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your response. 

where would I get access to the Crew Macro? Also is there particular version of Alteryx that this would work with?

AmirSems_charter
7 - Meteor

There might be some kind of corporate by law that keeps me from using the Crew Macro. If I wanted to tap into that log where would I find that log file? 

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

The crew macro is basically a zip file of workflows/macros.  Search it out and you'll find the link.  I had the same reservations.  I believe they give pretty good instructions on how to download and install it.  Very easy.

The place I believe the files are written can be found using [Engine.TempFilePath] in a formula tool to at least get you to the name and path of where the output is going.

AmirSems_charter
7 - Meteor

So to confirm this is the file? 

What would be your recommendation in regards to opening and actually using it if you have any? The dynamic input tool is not working it says it needs a template.

Forum_2.PNG

Labels