Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Performance running batch macro

MI1
7 - Meteor

Thanks to @

with the following batch macro Remove Null Columns and output in multiple excel sheets/tabs during saving 

The challenge I get, is the workflow is the same but if I change macro location it became slow  - any reason for it ? (From 5 min to 40 min with same data sample)

- I saved the bath macro in one folder and it works super fast

- I saved the same macro in an other folder and mapped it back, and it is super slow 

Mederic

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MI1 

This "other folder" you moved it to, is it on the same storage space as the original folder?

To maximize performance, the Designer installation and all workflow dependencies should be on the same local, solid state hard drive. Obviously this isn't always possible, so as we spread out our dependencies to difference resources (network drives, cloud databases, etc) the latency between those resources increases the runtime of our workflows. 

MI1
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS 

Unfortunalty I do not get SSD, hence I will explore the server capacity side

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

That's ok, Designer works just find on discs. 

Let's circle back. Tell me about the original workflow location and the new folder you moved the macro to: are they on the same storage drive? 

MI1
7 - Meteor

hi @CharlieS  - you were right the location was the issue , now it is resolve - sorry for the late reply

Labels