Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Performance difference between 32 GB and 64 GB memory?

Newt
8 - Asteroid

I'm about to buy a new i7 laptop.  Will paying for 64GB instead of 32GB memory provide any Alteryx performance boost?  i am using Business Insights data and have to plow through a few hundred million records at a time.  I've also noticed that when I'm creating several maps, the processing time seems to extend into several minutes instead of the usual 10-30 seconds for most workflows.

Thanks for any insight!

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Spatial processing is more memory and calculation intensive in general. Having more RAM is always a good idea especially when working with large datasets. 

Also, depending on the kind of processing that you are doing, you should also take a look at the AMP engine in potentially speeding up some of your workflows: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/alteryx-amp-engine

Labels