Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Performance Slow When running as Batch Macro

This is my Alteryx workflow attached below, I am trying to run this as Batch macro to enable/disable the Container. When the condition is true it enables the fullbuild container/disables the Incremental and if it's false it performs vice versa. When I run this directly it takes only 1 min to complete. When I run via the macro one through passing the value it takes more than 3 hours to complete for fullbuild container. Please can anyone help me with this to reduce the time taken in the fullbuild container when the Condition is true?

WxWorkflow.png

WxMacro.png

4 REPLIES 4
Ruud
10 - Fireball

How many rows are coming out of your Input tool connected to the macro?

Just One row, It will be 1 or 0. If its 1 it enables the fullbuild container else it enables the incremental one. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Praveen_KumaraGuru 

How long it take to run the full Build on it's own?  From the image you posted it looks like the control input only serves to enable/disable the containers.  Copy each of the containers into it's own standard workflow and run each of them separately.  

Another thing you can do is convert this to an analytic app.  Replace the control input with a Check box.  You may need to play with the interface logic to get to function as intended.  Also replace the Macro Output with a browse tool and configure the app to Show the output from this tool.  Finally, change the workflow to an Analytic app on the workflow config "Workflow" tab.  This will remove the "Batch" mechanism from the workflow and allow you to compare its performance

Dan

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

So this macro in "Full Build" mode runs in 1 minute on it's own, but when it's a macro in another workflow, the "Full Build" setting takes 3 hours? When it's a part of a larger workflow, this process is competing for resources on the local machine and working with the database,

- Referring to the workflow this macro is inserted into: How long does that take to run? Tell us more about this process.

- How are you measuring that this macro takes 3 hours? Performance Profiling?

Labels