Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Perform a Sum IF in Alteryx

PNiccolo
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone!

I am trying to replicate a SumIF (i guess) in Alteryx.

As you can see in the picture, I have in the first column an Item Code, in the third a number representing a transaction quantity and in the fifith the total quantity after the transaction.
I want to create a new column with the sum of all the transaction quantities for any give item code. For example, for the item in the picture I want to have a new column that, for each of the 7 rows with that Item Code, shows the results of all the transactions in the third column (49 in this case)

PNiccolo_1-1572853496302.png

Do you now how I can replicate this in alteryx knowing for any given item I might have from 2 to potentially infinite transactions?

Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Martyn
9 - Comet

Use the summarize tool to create your totals grouped on item code. Then join this with your original table (using the item code).

PNiccolo
7 - Meteor

Hi Martin,

thank you for your help. It worked perfectly but with three exceptions

PNiccolo_0-1572860229585.png

For three items with transaction history that looks like this (final transaction is negative) the tool gives me 4 rather than 2 as a result.

I set the tool in this way:

PNiccolo_1-1572860349995.png

Do you have any clue with these three items are acting like this?

Thanks!

Martyn
9 - Comet

I would add a Count into the summarize tool - to check it is adding all 5 Transaction Quantities together.

My thought is that there may be leading spaces on some of the item codes. Adding the count would highlight this.

Labels