Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Percentage variance

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

Is there any way we could do % variance in Alteryx? For example in attached excel, if data variance is more than 50% then those rows should come as exception.

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@noopurjain , I want to say that Alteryx can definitely do a % variance, but I'm not sure that I understand exactly what's going on in the spreadsheet you attached.  

Could you articulate the math/logical steps that you'd take to get to % variance as it relates to the spreadsheet you shared? 

Sarreddy
9 - Comet

@noopurjain  I think so, we will get 3 records as per yours's data set. let me know is it your expecting output???

Sarreddy_1-1663750806588.png

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello,

When you say variance, I assume you meant month over month variance? 

The attached workflow walks through how you can use a Multi Row tool to calculate the month over month variance, and then highlight any row where a variance greater than 50% was found in any of the underlying months.

**Please like this post and mark the thread as resolved if this provides an solution to your question**

Labels