Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Percentage formula

Aura_P
5 - Atom

Hello, I am brand new to Alteryx and am hoping this is a straightforward ask.

I need to determine the percentage of changed scores from "Prelim Auto-Fail Score" to "Score if only classification is not met". I created a formula to identify the Change to equal "No Change, Changed, and Changed to NA". I need an overall percentage of the three buckets for my 150 records and then further broken down by Region. 

Aura_P_0-1606155665178.png

Since I am so new to Alteryx, I am struggling with how to calculate percentages.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. 

6 REPLIES 6
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hey @Aura_P !

The browser tool show that to you if click in the column in newer versions.

Another thing you can do is to put a summarize tool to count the field you want, configure to "group by"  using the change field and to count that same field, in parallel can use count records, then join them using append tool and put the formula tool to create the percentage calculation like (field 1/field 2) * 100

hope that helps!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Aura_P 

This is how I'd calculate the percentages. See attached.

PhilipMannering_0-1606156824886.png

Thanks,

Philip

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@PhilipMannering 

The method you are using

I recently learnt about this feature of Transpose tool to be able to create % of total.

And its amazing and really handy 🙂

Aura_P
5 - Atom

Thank you Philip! This tool was right under my nose. I appreciate everyone's assistance.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@atcodedog05 I think you mean Crosstab. I know what you mean! 😛

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@PhilipMannering 

You are right

Sorry for the mix up in Names😅

Labels