Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Percent of Population Within a Trade Area

jenniphervigil
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am new to the spatial tool palette and was wondering if anyone could provide recommendations on how to solve this question.

1. Use US Location Insights to determine the zip codes that are within 20 miles of a centroid. I know that I will need the Trade Area tool, but my question is how can I return the zip codes from the Insights package? (I have this installed already)

2. Get the population of each of these zip codes.

3. For multiple store locations that are within 20 miles of a zip code, how can I assign the percentage of the population of the zip code that applies? As an example, for those local to Dallas, I have a zip code (75002) that is within 20 miles of three locations (Allen, The Colony, and Dallas). How can I assign the percentage of the population of this zip code to each of these locations?

2 REPLIES 2
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Jennipher!  I am very glad to help, and it is good to hear you have the Insights bundle installed as well.  Quick question; is the Location Insights or the Business Insights bundle installed?  The Business Insights bundle (enabling the Allocate toolset) will contain population data within zip code boundaries (and much more data).  Also, I will connect with you offline, but will post an answer here in the chat as well after we connect, so that everyone is able to see the results.  Thanks, and talk with you soon!

@Deanna 

Deanna
jenniphervigil
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, Deanna. I have the Business Insights bundle.

Labels