Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

People's names have to be removed from the column in the data set

imakosov
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I have 10.5 k records Vendor Master where in Vendor Name column I have companies names (some ending in "Inc."; "LLC"; "Co") and individual persons names. The challenge is to filter out or flag individual persons names. I appreciate all suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@imakosov @Can you please provide some sample data and expected output ?

LT13J
5 - Atom

Without knowing what data consists of, the simple way would be to Parse by space. But there are probably names consisting of two words or more.

Another approach is to Parse, and summarize each column. From the second column on, have the names of all the LLCs, Incs, etc... Then write a Formula or RegEx that trims the string after it finds one of your hot words.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@imakosov  one option is to use a filter tool to include the words ending with INC, Co etc

binuacs_0-1643921976094.png

imakosov
7 - Meteor

It was my intention but I had to hold myself back as it is proprietary production data....sorry

imakosov
7 - Meteor

I liked the approach of finding the lion in the desert, divide the desert into two halves, one has the lion, other doesn't. 

So we took the path adding the column in the formula tool: Company vs Name:

imakosov_0-1643926235706.png

There are company names of two+ words and without any above mentioned suffixes and I was hoping Text Mining release in 21.4 could help with Named Entity Recognition.

imakosov_1-1643926483102.png

But above formula leaves only ~3K records to process manually, which in itself is a win! So thank you everyone!

Labels