Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Paste Same Value In Same Column

quims
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Community,

I have a Column A that have values coming from different source of file - 1-5 rows have values with "A" and 6-10 rows are null or empty.

Question - what tool will i use if i want 6-10 rows have same value as "A" as stated in 1-5 rows?

Note:

Source 1 - "A" = this value can be changed based on the source data available

Source 2. "Blank" = this is always blank

Wanted to keep value coming from Source 1 in one specific column which is "Column A".

Thanks in advance for your help!

-quims 

2 REPLIES 2
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @quims , You can use the multi-row formula tool to fill down your values from 1-5. 

The multirow formula will take the value from record 5 but it sounds like you have all the same data in records 1-5 and just want to fill it down. 

Here is the link to the tool documentation. I would also recommend opening the example for the multirow formula tool in the designer (its a blue preparation tool) to learn how to configure it. 

https://help.alteryx.com/2019.4/MultiRowFormula.htm 

MRF.png

quims
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, @Blake 

Great! This is the output I've been looking for!

-quims

Labels