Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passing "On click URL" parameters in mailto:

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Good Day Everyone !

I have a requirement where, I am sending out emails notifications with a table and multiple fields in them. There are 4 fields that have URL's. Clicking those URL after receiving the email notification triggers another email with "dynamic" subject line and static body content in them. I have a question about the dynamic subject line 

Here is a screenshot of the email notification that is sent 

AbhijeetChib_0-1656391389714.png

Upon clicking either of the last 4 fields - Upload invoice, action, feedback and contact an email is triggered which has the dynamic subject line from the Subject line field and here is what the subject line looks like 

AbhijeetChib_2-1656390565544.png

Now, here is the requirement 

I need to a 4th parameter to the subject based on the URL the user clicks, here are a couple of scenarios

1. If the user selects "Upload Invoice" then UIN is added as the 4th Parameter to the subject line 

AbhijeetChib_3-1656390771621.png

2. If the user selects "Feedback" then FBD is added as the 4th parameter to the subject line 

AbhijeetChib_4-1656390850025.png

I need some ideas in how to go about adding the fourth parameter. I hope i made myself clear here. 

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

just hard code it after the subject. for each one. 

?subject:[subject:A] & UIN

?subject:[subject:A] & FBD

Pang_Hee_Choy_0-1656401030177.png

Labels