Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Passing Paramters to Connect In-DB

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have multiple Connect In-DB tools that want want to pass date parameters to. What's the simplest way to do this?

Thank you very much in advance, Alteryx Community.

7 REPLIES 7
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @RonGatmaitan ,

what about encapsulating the Connect In-DB tool in a macro an hand-over the parameters using Control Parameter and Action tools? 

2022-01-13_08-36-17.jpg

What do you think?

Best,

Roland

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RolandSchubert,

I haven't tried this a I'm not too familiar with the tools, but I will try.

If I was using multiple Connect In-DB tools, would the changes be applied to all the other Connect In-DB tools using the same parameter as well?

Btw, why are there 2 of those tools? I only need to change 1 date. Do I need both?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You need one Control Parameter tool only, but for each Connect In-DB tool one action tool. Could look like this:

2022-01-13_11-59-36.jpg

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Oh.. Let me try this. 🙂 Thank you, @RolandSchubert.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @RonGatmaitan, another aproach here, if you don't want to work with macros, would be using the Dynamic Input In-DB, this way you can have a formula before changing the date on a query. The downside of this is that you'd have to have multiple of these on your workflow, one for each query. 

gabrielvilella_0-1642080764523.png

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Ouch. Too many to replace. There would be a risk of missing out on one and generating a wrong output.

Thanks for taking time to reply, @gabrielvilella. Appreciate it. 🙂

RonGatmaitan
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RolandSchubert,

I have already configured my workflow as such. Now how to pass the parameter? I mean, how to configure the Control Parameter to receive the date parameter?

Labels