Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pass value to update filter

gwiz
8 - Asteroid

I get a count of a number and want to pass that count to my criteria to filter on (in a filter tool). This wont be the field (which will always be the same) but the criteria/value. Is there a way just to have the workflow/macro automatically update that field with the value as the count may change?

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gwiz ,

This is a quick example showing how to get that done.

I've created a batch macro and the input file is inside of it controlled by a count column from outside.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

gwiz
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino thank you for posting that. While that would work logically if I was passing the value from outside the macro, I am actually trying to pass a count of a value within a macro. So I take a count of a field and then I'd like to within the macro pass that through to the filter. I would like to pass the count from that summarize to update the value in the filter but cant figure out how

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gwiz ,

Take a look at my example and see if that makes sense to your needs.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

gwiz
8 - Asteroid

That was easy, thank you for making it so simple! I knew there was a solution. I was overthinking it.

You are a good friend

stapuff
9 - Comet

@fmvizcaino 

Your example helped me out!

Thanks,

Puff

Labels