We have extended our Early Bird Tickets for Inspire 2023! Discounted pricing goes until February 24th. Save your spot!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Parsing a weeks work of data

Petersenk
7 - Meteor

Here is the challenge:

I need to dynamically create a begin and end date for report parameters.

For this example:
-I create dates in the input data.
-I convert the date so I can use the Alteryx date filter.
-I filter out the dates I need in the report.

I would like this this to be dynamic because I want to schedule this to run every week on Monday.

-The begin date will be the Friday from two weeks ago 05/19/2017 00:00:00. (see the Date Filter example)

-The end date is the following Thursday at prior to midnight 05/25/2017 23:59:59.

I have used a formula to derive a month for a report, but, I cannot find anything on creating dates like the example above.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Petersenk,

It's pretty late UK time but if no one picks this up over in the US today i'll take a crack at this tomorrow.

I think you would have to use a traditional filter tool to achieve your desired result.

Ben

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey Petersenk,

I've given this a go, it's probably not the optimal way of getting your desired result and may need some tinkering but given the conditions you have outlined I believe it meets the criteria.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Ben

Petersenk
7 - Meteor

Thank You Ben!  I will give this a shot.

Labels