Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing VSAM files

crey
5 - Atom

Anyone had tried parsing a VSAM file (fixed-width) using a copybook file as the metadata and converting it to another format or store it to a relational DB?  Any ideas on where should I start looking?

2 REPLIES 2
crey
5 - Atom

Found out that I can use ".flat" files as the metadata file in parsing the VSAM file.  My problem now is how can I automate the creation of the ".flat" file using a copybook file. ;)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@crey,

There is a similar post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Text-txt-file-Non-Delimited-Flat-File-Layout/m-p/52601....

You can translate the copybook into the XML needed via the creation of an worfklow (that you build).  Take a look at the above mentioned post and it gives you the suggestion as to how to create the xml.  If you post the copybook and a few sample records, maybe it will be created for you by the community.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels