community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Parsing Text From PDF Documents with Python Code Tool

Alteryx
Alteryx
@NBart let me know how that goes ;-) Make sure you read the install part in that post thoroughly. It was a bit of a rollercoaster right to install everything correctly but worked like a charm at the end of the day.
David Matyas
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Atom

Hi, I have tried to run your workflow, it doesn't get to write out the result to Alteryx, could you please share the workflow in zip? 

Thanks,

Yonger

Alteryx
Alteryx

@Yonger You should be good with the original workflow. Working so far for others. If the tool is not working, there is probably a different reason for it than missing code.

Are you getting any error messages? If you try to run the workflow once and then open the Python Code tool and hit the RUN button from the Jupyter notebook, are you getting are results?

David Matyas
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Highlighted
Meteoroid
Hi,

I have problems installing pdfminer python packages as I have no Internet on my work laptop. Please assist.

Thanks!
Alteryx
Alteryx

@domo_arigatoo we really need to have all the packages in place so you will need to download them on some other machine.

Packages are stored in your Alteryx install folder path in  \alteryx\bin\miniconda3\pythontool_env\lib\site-packages

The package can be downloaded on another machine and then just copy pasted using some network drive/ usb stick or something.

David Matyas
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Meteoroid
Thanks, @DavidM. I managed to resolve this issue by downloading all relevant Python packages to an Internet laptop and transferring and installing these packages to my non-internet laptop. Thanks for your workflow. I'm now able to convert all of my pdf files to text files! Yeah!
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @domo_arigatoo for letting me know that it worked. That is awesome. Happy you got it going.

David Matyas
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Labels