Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing Error

DarynCarruthers
5 - Atom

Hello

I am trying to create a table from JSON  i got from calling an API but the problem is that when i use JSON parse Tool  , I got his error

ConvError: JSON Parse (6): Error message: Invalid value. at character position: 0

Is there anyway to get this output

I have attached my workflow 

5 REPLIES 5
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DarynCarruthers,

you were pretty close to the answer! Tick the "To a Field - String" option in the Download tool and change the column.

grossal_1-1589824462114.png

And update the JSON Parse to the new column:

grossal_1-1589824329258.png

Your new output looks very promising:

grossal_0-1589824434760.png

I have attached your updated workflow. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Best

Alex

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @DarynCarruthers,

You want to select "String" in the "To a Field" section in order to pull the JSON which you are then parsing correctly:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589824579188.png

Also ensure your JSON parse is looking at your DownloadData field:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589824698297.png

Output after the change:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1589824598009.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

DarynCarruthers
5 - Atom

Hello @grossal, 

Thank you for your quick response on this, that is awesome. I am new to Alteryx and want to dive right in, thank you for your guidance it is much appreciated.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You are welcome! And also welcome to the forum!

Would you mind accepting the post as a solution if it helped? People can find accepted solutions much quicker 😃

DarynCarruthers
5 - Atom

Hey @Jonathan-Sherman,

Thank you for your response to this, this also helped fix my issue. I love getting multiple perspectives on how to solve so that I will know different ways to approach issues.

Thank you

Labels